The post here contains the full instructions to root Samsung Galaxy using Odin tool and CF-Auto-Root from ChainFire. Those of you who have Samsung Galaxy devices and want to root it, however don’t know how to do it. Then can use this post as guiding tutorials.
- Remember that this guide only for Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Prepare your Windows OS computer because Odin only supports that operating system !
- Your computer has already have USB Drivers originally from Samsung.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy’s bootlaoder is already unlocked.
- Make backups to your existing data if needed.
- Do not forget to enable USB Debugging mode. Do not know how to do it? Just head to Settings -> About Device / Phone -> Find and tap repeatedly (Usually 7 times) Build Number till you see You Are Now a Developer -> You will see Developer Options on Settings.
No back to Settings and find Developer Options (See image no 3 above) then enter to Developer Options -> Find and enable (Check) the USB Debugging Mode.
- If it’s needed, then charge your Samsung Galaxy device’s battery power, do it if you need.
How to root Samsung Galaxy using Odin and CF-Auto-Root
Extract all the files to your computer.
Instructions to root Samsung Galaxy using Odin and CF-Auto-Root
- You need to power off your Samsung Galaxy device now.
- After that, you need to boot into the Download Mode. Press and hold; Volume Down + Power + Home altogether.
- Keep pressing the buttons untill your Samsung Galaxy device’s screen showing you Warning like on the image below.
- On Warning, release all the three buttons and then press Volume Up to access Download Mode.
- Now when your device is in Download Mode, you need to open Odin you previously extracted to your computer.
- When Odin is opened, you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy device to your computer, using a USB cable guys.
- Odin will detect your device if it managed to detect your device, Odin will display Added!!! notification like in the image below.
- Now you need to click PDA to browse your computer to find the CF-Auto-Root zip file.
- Click the CF-Auto-Root zip file.
- The CF-Auto-Root file will show up on Odin PDA section, then you can start rooting your device by clicking on Start button (Remember leave other options un-selected).
- Odin will begin installing the CF-Auto-Root file. When Odin has finished installing it and successful. Odin will display Pass notification like on the image below.
- You can now reboot your Samsung Galaxy device now guys.
Verify your root
You can use Root Checker app from Google Play Store to verify your root access.
That’s all guys, congratulations for you for having a rooted Samsung Galaxy device, thanks to Odin and CF-Auto-Root to make it happen. Oh one more thing, Odin can also be used to flash firmware, don’t know about that guys? Please I invite you to visit how to flash firmware with Odin, tell your friends about this post. And hope you find this post useful. See you again on my next and upcoming posts in the future.